Raya 2019

Kampung Melayu Majidee, Johor- I had a blasting Raya with my family (mom side). It was a nice, one-week holiday/Raya. I had so much fun spending time with them. But sometimes it’s disappointing when they play with their ‘gadgets’ during family time. I’ll get annoyed and complain, haha.

By the way, on the first day of Raya, (IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!) my family and I woke up, bathed and ate. The food was tasty and delicious (because my grand aunties and grandmother cooked it!!). Then, me, my sister and my aunties went 'solat Raya'. It was the first Raya prayer that I have ever done in my entire life, but the thing is.... we had to WALK! It was a good experience because it's not the same as the usual prayers that we (Muslims) normally do. Then, we went back and got ready for 'salam Raya'. We all shook hands and said sorry to each other and some of them cried (quite emotional). After that, we went to visit my great-grandmother's graveyard, we read Yasin and went to my grand-uncle's house. We celebrated my birthday at his house and ate cake. Then, I went back to Kedah to Raya with my other family (dad's side).

 cousins

me, my sis and aunties
Mom and grandma
mom and dad

dad and uncles
Family shot


cousins again

my sis and i 
my lil bro (on the left), few of my uncles (on the right)
1/4 of the fam bam

Actually, on Raya night, my aunties and uncles and I went shopping at Angsana Johor Bahru Mall. My parents went to Singapore that night with my brother. After that, we went to drink at my favorite bubble tea!!.... XING FU TANG. I love fresh milk with brown sugar and bubble!!!! (that's why I am fat haha). Btw, you can check out my experience of bubble tea's here ant this link (https://airaslife.blogspot.com/2019/08/boba-milk-tea.html).

XING FU TANG!!

Kampung Melele, Kedah- I also had a blasting Raya with my smaller family (dad side) in Kodiang, Kedah. I went back to Kedah on the second day of Raya. At Kedah, my aunties and I stay in our village and played lots of games and enjoyed ourselves. We went to Tealive on the last day and obviously, I bought the Bang Bang Fresh Milk something, something. We slept there for a few days and went back to KL.

Before going back to KL, we went to George Town, Penang. I thought it was just a visit, but we decided to stay there for one night at the Sunway Hotel. We had to ride on a ferry to get to George Town which is cool. Turns out that my family surprised me at a Harry Potter Cafe cause I love Harry Potter. The place is called Potterhead Malaysia. Go and check out the place here- (https://www.instagram.com/potterhead_malaysia/?hl=en)

At the Potterhead Cafe


Butter Beer 


On the next day, we had to go back to home sweet home. We ate breakfast and started our journey. Otw, we visited a lot of places at Perak. We visited the Perak palace, the Perak mosque and a charcoal factory there. Then, we ate at a Chinese restaurant near a fishermen river. After that, we went back home. I had a wonderful time in Johor and Kedah with my sublime family. Until next time!


Perak Palace
siblings shot
Perak Mosque
Shot that I took near the fishermen river

Love,
AIRA









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penang Trip 2021

Taman Negara, Malaysia 2018